Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

propeller replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: propeller replacement
    Posted: 22 May 2024 at 8:51am
Greetings all. Getting ready to launch when a wobble was noted on the propeller, and it seems after only 39 years that the internal rubber hub has decided to call it a day. I read the posts from Ron Waterson (pictures are unavailable alas) and Bill Layton (of departed memory) and went in search of a new Gori prop. 

11.5" by 8" pitch, LH, for the Bukh 8SME and either Gori 2 blade noted below will work but the links are 404 errors now and the vendor doesn't seem to carry the Gori line any more 

Welcome any suggestions, guidance, insights, and recommendations from the community please to find a replacement.  - bill
Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
WJRyan View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2024 at 3:08pm
Update and a follow up question.  Update, current Gori vendor contact is: Brendan Prior

AB-Marine.com, Ph: 401.847.7960, Cell: 401.225.5726, HOME - AB Marine (ab-marine.com) and price is $1688 plus ~$200 shipping.

Question: my 1985 boat has a prop that's 11.5" x 9.5" and the vendor above quoted me an 11.5" x 8" but told me the price is the same for the 11.5" x 9.5" and my question is - what are others using? Is there a difference? I'm leaning towards sticking with what worked for 39 years but interested to hear other's thoughts. Many thanks - bill

Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2024 at 9:08pm
Hi Bill,
I got the 12x8 and it works fine. All the props will drive the Laser to hull speed before full throttle.
Gori was having a 'boat show' special when I inquired about mine. I will email you the invoice.
John
WJRyan View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2024 at 11:35am
Thanks John got them. So it seems the 8 or 9.5 works equally as well. Looks like @RonWaterson chose the 8 so maybe I'll stick with the same one I'm taking off - served well for 39 years!
Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic