Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stanchion base

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stanchion base
    Posted: 07 July 2019 at 11:51am
I did look at the old posts on stanchion bases. I have one with the metal collar for the stanchion pulling away from the bottom of the base. As a short term solution a friend with a machine shop is doing a quick fix and weld. For the long haul, I'd like to replace.

I didn't get a response from Stainless Outfitters to my message via their website. Before I call, has anyone got another source they have used? I noticed some had received bases they had to return to be corrected.

Thanks, all! Sail fast and enjoy your summer!

Abbi - Comet
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2019 at 8:19am
Stainless Outfitters has manufactured many L28 bases. Call them. Smile

Edited by Bill Layton - 08 July 2019 at 8:20am
Vance Newell View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vance Newell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2019 at 1:16pm
Not sure if you have replaced these yet, but I may have the original ones I took off when I replaced mine with the Stainless Outfitters ones.  I believe at least 2 or 3 of them were still good.

Comet View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 10:47am
Since I had immediate need of a base (before I lost my foredeck if the broken one completely parted from the base!) I had a friend with a machine shop repair the two broken ones that came with the boat. Look like new and now I have an extra.

Thank you for the offer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic