Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stanchion Bases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stanchion Bases
    Posted: 27 February 2017 at 9:32pm
These old style bases came off Sloop du Jour #123 recently and are in decent shape if anybody is looking for cheaper replacements than new. The bases are not buckled as usually happens when over stressed but 4 of the 6 have been re-welded where the bar support meets the base. All the stanchion pipe support welds are still solid to the base.

$50 for all six .... plus shipping.

View here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p36zg0t9rme4auh/StanchionBases.png?dl=0

Edited by George S. - 03 July 2017 at 2:22pm
bal149 View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bal149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 8:30pm
I would be interested. The ones I ordered from Stainless ............ do not fit
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 8:50pm
If those stanchion bases were ordered from stainless outfitters just call them and tell them they don't fit. I had this problem with them 2 years ago (the holes didn't align with the boat) and the bottoms were not flat either. I sent them an original stanchion base and discussed the current design with them and they sent me back 6 perfect bases. Perhaps they sent you the ones that didn't fit for me? They are good to deal with so don't let them get away with this.
George S. View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 8:24pm
bal149...

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, my new ones from Outfitters fit OK. Hopefully you can get it sorted. New ones are better. But if you still need these ones let me know.

George
bal149 View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bal149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:42pm
Ok Bill I will call them back . When I received the bases I called them and they were pretty adamant that they had the original drawings and they knew what size to make them. I guess I got your old ones.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic