Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Sailing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VPP and Polars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VPP and Polars
    Posted: 11 January 2017 at 3:02pm
As most are aware there is a VPP for the Laser 28 that is titled TOP SECRET. This VPP was done for the genoa and for the spinnaker some time ago. I have the Velocity Prediction Program (VPP) and would like to run an updated series of Polars for the boat for the different configurations of headsails, Lapper, Jib and Genoa. Does anyone have an IMS certificate (even outdated) for the Laser28. The IMS certificate contains all of the input information that is needed for the VPP. In the absence of that I need to measure the hull lines, create the hull model and then get the measurements for the program which takes a lot of time. I will be quite happy to share the polar diagrams that are created but I sure hope I can do it without freezing in a Halifax winter. Alternatively someone might have the input page from the existing polar diagrams and that might also have the information that is needed.

Tony
Apres Ski LAser28 162
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic