Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of West Vancouver YC Laser 28's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics of West Vancouver YC Laser 28's
    Posted: 09 January 2014 at 3:57pm
West Vancouver Yacht Club Laser 28's

Voila is owned by Frank Fletcher

Warbird is owned by George Streadwick

Edited by Bill Layton - 09 January 2014 at 9:59pm
George S. View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 9:03pm
Great looking Lasers :-)
We had a blast last Sunday on WarBird trying to keep up to my old boat, Voila. The second only sail in salt water for the 'bird' and her first race in wet coast location. Frank set up the rig to match Voila's. Needs a bit of tweaking, but pretty darn close now, speed wise. We had three L28's on the course with Grey Eric joining in from adjacent Eagle Harbour Yacht Club. It was a beautiful sunny but cold day (well for us) and perfect conditions for the L28. 14+TWS and gusting, solid lapper conditions and small waves. WarBird saw planing water off the stern occasionally downwind. If my memory serves me right that was usually around 9-10kt hull speed ?? My gauges are not working yet as I only hooked up the battery to start the engine after the re-build below last several months.
Looking forward to fun times with WarBird, Voila & Grey Eric.

George S.
Seawolf View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 2:50pm
Nice, do I detect sunshine in the picture? Always enjoy looking at other L28's. Even if it is on a trailer.....
George S. View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 5:38pm
Sunshine…. YES !!!
We have to enjoy it while we can here on the wet/left coast.
The trailers are a necessity for our dry sail wharf, doesn't make a pretty picture, sorry for that….
If we weren't so busy trying to catch Voila, I would have got some sailing pics, but you know how it goes in a race………. never mind the photo op, pull in that jib a bit and get on the rail !!!!

George
George S. View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2014 at 11:06pm
Great Day sailing on the left coast…

WarBird and Voila chased GreyEric today. The three Laser 28's finished 1-2-3 in a mixed PHRF fleet.

The fog bank stayed offshore while the sun shone over the mountains.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic