Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tiller Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiller Replacement
    Posted: 22 December 2013 at 9:15am
Happy Holidays All,
I need to replace my tiller and was wondering if you have a suggestion on where and what to order. thx, sj
frfletch View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 3:41am
Try shaping up some cheap EPS foam and laying it over with +-45 bias carbon fiber and include the extension tongues so that you can throw away the stainless steel bracket making the entire tiller one piece and weighing nothing. You will never go back!
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 11:48am
haha. you have the best ideas! I haven't tackled a layup like that before; got any build instructions? js
Mike V View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 12:20pm
Check out sollar composites. They make carbon selves. I used them when I made a few carbon spinnaker poles.
http://www.sollercomposites.com
Sparkplug

Hull #182

NYC
frfletch View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 12:32pm
Its a cooking day for me as I prepare for Christmas tomorrow, but after that I will write something up. Perhaps I will lay one up and take photos of the project if you are not in a hurray. I've built this thing in my mind a hundred times. Its going to be easy. Merry Christmas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic