Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Membership request req'd because of bots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Membership request req'd because of bots
    Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:09pm
This discussion forum recently has been under attack by bots... from all over the world. The bots join and then spam the board. It's was becoming a full time job to keep things clean so I've disabled membership until we can upgrade our software. If you want to post you need to join! so email me and I'll set you up. Wink

Edited by Bill Layton - 29 June 2015 at 7:51pm
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 7:28pm
Paul White has updated our Forum Software to a new and improved version. Bots no longer appear to be an issue with this version, accordingly our registration is now open again. Thanks Paul!
Ron Waterson View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Waterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 4:35pm
It appears to me that the new software has a hole that is allowing bots to attach links to our post.  I've seen two incidents since the new software was updated.  Check the "bow casting" post.

Hull 147 - Angel's Share
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic