Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bronze Elbow on Engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unnamed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bronze Elbow on Engine
    Posted: 26 February 2012 at 4:02am
Not sure how to describe this, i have a bronze elbow that connects the exhaust hose (?) to the engine, it fits on the Port side. This bronze elbow has cracks and looks like it should be replaced. The manuels have been no help in decribing the part, what do you call this thing and where can I get one? 
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2012 at 9:11am
You need a better description. Is it a small 1-2 inch bronze elbow that a 3/8" water hose attaches to, and is threaded into the exhaust manifold? or the exhaust manifold (4 nuts hold it in place onto the head)  that attaches to a 2 inch rubber hose then onto the muffler underneath?
unnamed View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unnamed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2012 at 8:43pm
It is this "or the exhaust manifold (4 nuts hold it in place onto the head) that attaches to a 2 inch rubber hose then onto the muffler underneath?" The following numbers are stamped onto this piece. a part number? 001e7005.

Seawolf View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 10:17pm
So this weekend I pulled the exhaust manifold off, and it had 4-5 small cracks. I have a source to replace it, but was wondering what caused the cracks, overheating? And if this is an indication of anything other problems?
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 11:09pm
This is a common problem, particularly in salt water as the manifold is cast iron. They do wear out. New ones are available from keith strutt
Seawolf View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 11:59pm
Good to know, I was worried if I had a pandora's box. Do you have a phone number for Keith? I will give him a call and compare price.

seawolf
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 12:18am
613-634-8100
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic