Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

intermediate pipe installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intermediate pipe installation
    Posted: 22 January 2011 at 1:23am
I can't get the stupid intermediate pipe in between the muffler and the cat to go in! Do I have to drop the axle or something? There are all these curves in the pipe and it just doesn't seem to go in. The old pipe rusted in half and came out easy. But I can't get the new one in! Please help!
frfletch View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 2:02pm
I don't know what "axle" you are referring to. However, getting the pipes, the hydro-lift, and the mounting for the hydro-lift to the bottom of the engine bracket is all a bit of a trick. Our method was to assemble everything with the hydro-lift muffler un-mounted from the bracket (that is with the four bolts taken off. Assemble everything, and then use some rope or something taking advantage of the flex provided by the flexible hoses, to force the hydro-lift up to the bracket so that the bolts can be put back in. You may need to use the combination of rope in the form of a "Spanish Windlass", a lever of some sort, and a large philips screw driver to poke up through one of the bolt holes for alignment to get the first bolt started. After that it should be easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic