Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Sailing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

class rule checklist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsr28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: class rule checklist
    Posted: 13 September 2009 at 10:44pm
Hi All,

I recall comming across a class "checklist" to be signed by the skipper prior to a few class sanctionned regatta. Is there anyone aware of this checklist?

I would like to suggest to the Magog regatta organisers to have each owner sign this list prior to the race. We have seen stripped boats, overweight crews, and such lately in Magog. 

I would forward this checklist to the Magog guys if I can put my hands on it.

Thanks
Foghorn View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 11:55pm
The requirements for Laser 28 Class sanctioned events is listed in the Class Rules;

Laser 28 Class Rules link

I'm sure that everyone in Magog intends to sail by and enforce the Class Rules, it makes it much more fun Wink Thumbs Up

Class Rules will also be in effect for the North Americans in Montreal starting September 25th, just like the Canadian Championships in Magog September 19th.

Laser 28 Class Events link

See everyone on the water!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINIMUM EQUIPMENT and REQUIREMENTS

ITEM

REQUIREMENT

Laser 28 Class Membership

Proof of Membership for boat.

SailInventory

A maximum of one, and only the same one of each class sail, may be carried and used in a race or series of races. All sails shall be "Class Royalty Paid".

Canadian Coast Guard Approved

Anchor, 13 lbs minimum with 30m or (100 ft) Rode Stored in Anchor Well.

Safety Equipment

Lifejackets: one per person plus one extra or floating cushion.

Life buoy ring 24 in. minimum

Buoyant line 15m or (49.2 ft)

Hand Bailer: Bucket w/Lanyard

Manual Gusher pump with 1 ½" Hosing, hose must be able to reach the galley doors.

2 Fire Extinguishers

Distress Flares: Minimum of 12

Sound signaling device

One set Tapered Wood plugs

Interior Furnishings and Other Equipment

Complete Dinette Table in original location.

Chopping Board in Galley

Ice box and Dry food storage covers

Stove (installed and complete)

Fresh water storage tank: Portable is OK

Head basin installed as original equipment

All sliding panels and doors in place

All Soft Lockers Installed

All Cushions Installed in intended positions.

All Plumbing, Seacocks, Thru-hulls, Hoses, Toilet and Holding Tank and fittings installed as originally supplied.

One Battery: Group 24, Minimum

Companionway Wash boards with Minimum Thickness of 3/8 in.

All Cabin soles installed with Minimum Thickness of 3/8 in.

Anchor and Steaming Lights installed, Mast Wiring and Conduit installed.

Fuel: Minimum Quantity 3/8th Tank.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul White
Decompression
CAN 214
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 12:20pm
This list can be used for any sanctioned L28 regatta. We did so in the past.

The safety equipment was a mirror of Canadian Coast Guard requirements at the time we last used this list.... today the CCG regulations only requires 1 Life-jacket per person aboard.

The Class Royalty Paid label on sails hasn't been in effect for quite sometime. However The rest of the L28 class rules are in effect at all sanctioned regattas. Any boat can be inspected anytime during a sanctioned regatta. If a boat is found not to conform to class rules they will be disqualified immediately.

Denise will bring the class scale should there be any disputes over crew weight.

Bill Layton
Laser28 Class Measurer

lsr28 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsr28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 1:26pm
Thanks all for replying, I think it makes sense to bring the scale down in Magog, might not be necessary to do a full "scale" weigh-in, but to let the people know what is the limitation and that the scale is there might be taken seriously.

Once again, I do remember seeing a list that the owner had to put a "check" in little box at then end of each line of listed items, sign it and return to the rc.

We don't want to raise anything, just let everyone know that as the fleet pick up, thing should be done properly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic