Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Sailing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Used Sails -- For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Used Sails -- For Sale
    Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:43am
Howdy Laser 28 Forum--
New to the fleet and forum (#150 Andiamo).

Turns out the new boat came with a healthy inventory of sails we will never use. Can't store them forever.

2-3 Genoas (ON HANKS but easily converted to tape)
2 Mainsails
1 Spi - needs a small repair, but easily fixed by a talented sailmaker.

Some sails are worth a bottle of Rum, others may warrant a small amount of dollars ($100ish) - totally negotiable on the moment of inspection.

They are usable cottage sails for someone. You aren't going to win any silver with these puppies.

Drop me a line and we are organize an inspection or photos....

I can deliver within 30 km of my house...we do get to Magog as well on weekends.

Send me a private Message so I don't get spammed or something.

lucgmix View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucgmix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:49am
Hi Staples,

Welcome to the fleet,I know the previous owner of that boat very well! :) Will you participate in the Laser 28 Canadian Championships in Magog or the North Americans in Montreal?

Happy sailing
Luc Gregoire

Colibri 224

Tactician
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:55am
Hi Luc
We do plan to continue racing the boat. We are planning on Magog and the NA's in Montreal.
We are definitely rookies and it shows! We are having a blast however with the boat.

I am looking forward to seeing the performance difference with the boat without a dozen sails in it!?!

Ted didn't seem to shed any tears to see it pull out of the parking lot...but it was raining! I think he is planning on his future with a "gin palace"--the boat is great - clearly they loved it.

t
lucgmix View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucgmix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 11:24am
Great stuff, we will attend both events also. There should be about 20 boats in Magog.

Looking forward to meet you!

Cheers,
Luc Gregoire

Colibri 224

Tactician
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 9:35am
The Spi has been sold. Thanks Klaus!
t
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 9:51am
I got a private message from someone--your box is full, so maybe ping me again once your box is cleared!
thanks
tony
Chris Ross View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 9:05am
Are there any used sails still available?

My email is laser28@mac.com
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 10:22am
I still have sails for sale. I have 2 mains/several kevlar 150% genoas/1-2 lappers. Again -- some are basic sails...so we can talk about pricing. I'd prefer to trade the sails for rum/beer than see them go into the dumpster. Come and get 'em.

tony (#150 Andiamo)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic