Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

alternator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alternator
    Posted: 01 September 2006 at 1:34pm
Hello. My alternator seems to have stopped working. Has anyone else had this problem?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 4:12pm

Hi Dane

I tought the same thing last year only to notice that the radio was slowly draining the battery since it had a continued feed and was bypassing the instrument panel.  Also, I noted that the motor has to run at high speed for the alternator to charge reasonably and to motor to and out of the marina would not be sufficient.  No problem ever since.

André

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 8:39pm

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the repy. I will check alternator at cruise RPM, I have not done that yet.

Dane

Bill Brock View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Brock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 10:36am

Hi Guys,

Last year I experienced a problem when my Amp Light would come on when the engine was at idle.  At any setting above idle the light would turn off.  I called North Jersey Marine (973-546-6377) and they gave me instructions to check out the problem.  It turned out to be a problem with the Charging Regulator (Page 48 in Owner’s Manual, Item 1).  I replaced it and the alternator has run fine ever since.  North Jersey Marine was most helpful.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 3:32pm
Quote: Originally posted by Bill Brock on 20 September 2006

Hi thanks for the advise, The alternator is not putting out any juice at the battery so I was going to check the regulator next which I am guessing is fried.

Hi Guys,

Last year I experienced a problem when my Amp Light would come on when the engine was at idle.  At any setting above idle the light would turn off.  I called North Jersey Marine (973-546-6377) and they gave me instructions to check out the problem.  It turned out to be a problem with the Charging Regulator (Page 48 in Owner’s Manual, Item 1).  I replaced it and the alternator has run fine ever since.  North Jersey Marine was most helpful.

spatter View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by dane dane wrote:

Hello. My alternator seems to have stopped working. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi we have the same problem about alternator hope to get a really great information that can solve our problem..thank you for posting this thread this will help me a lot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic