Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sail drive boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sail drive boot
    Posted: 15 August 2006 at 5:19pm
I just aquired laser 28 hull #4 from the previous owner in Montana and the boot that covers the hole in the hull where the sail drive protrudes is missing or is there something else that covers the cavity? Is there a source for a replacement boot?
How do you interpret the hull ID number? The number on this boat is zidx0106g484. Can you decipher it for me please?
Boat name "Megahurtz" , sail no. 55740.
I think  I am the 4th owner of this boat.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 1:24am
Quote: Originally posted by Wayne on 15 August 2006
I just aquired laser 28 hull #4 from the previous owner in Montana and the boot that covers the hole in the hull where the sail drive protrudes is missing or is there something else that covers the cavity? Is there a source for a replacement boot?
How do you interpret the hull ID number? The number on this boat is zidx0106g484. Can you decipher it for me please?
Boat name "Megahurtz" , sail no. 55740.
I think  I am the 4th owner of this boat.

khardy View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 12:17pm

Frist down load the manual from www.laser28.com.  The manual has parts diagrams with part numbers.

Then contact North Jersey Marine and give them the part number. 

In discussing sail drive installations with other people one guy suggested i not even install the sail drive boot; just sail with the hole open.  I have not tried this yet but maybe that's why your boot's missing.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 3:53pm

My understanding of the Hull ID # is that the 0106 refers to the hull build number. In this case, you would have hull #6 as the numbering started at 100.

My boat is number 105 or hull #5.

I am having a new boot (and rebuilt saildrive) installed on Monday. The new rubber gasket/boot and a tube of glue were provided by Crinmar Marine in Kingston, Ontario for about $50. The gasket obviously doesn't keep the boat afloat, but just smooths the waterflow and protects the important diaphragm seals from damage from junk in the water.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 12:00am

Hello Doug,

How do I contact Crinmar Marine?

I'm located in Lakeport, california.

Wayne

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 10:01pm

Crinmar

873 Apple Down Dr.
Kingston, ON  K7P 1C7
613-634-8100
866-274-6261
Season: YR

email: color=#0000ff crinmar@cogeco.ca
Marine diesel engine sales, parts and technical service
jgutoff View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgutoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 3:26pm
Wayne, If you are in Clear Lake there are 3 other Lasers racing in San Francisco (and a 4th that will hopefully be with us someday) Come on down and do the Delta Ditch and other races next year. 5 makes a one design class.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic