Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

winch change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winch change
    Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:56am

Has anyone changed out the 22st's to a different winch?  I would like to consider upgrading to a different winch (Anderson) and am wondering if anyone has experience with changing winch systems.  I haven't taken the present system apart in the hopes that someone can provide some direction prior to doing so.

Larry

Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 7:08pm
Yes andersons fit but need aluminum work to the top of the alum base.....but andersons turned out not too popular with L28 owners for many reasons.....Most popular is harken B32.2STA....this fits alum base but the bolts are on the edge....it works fine though and is a less expensive winch....selftailer cleat is self-adjusting on harken, the tailer hooks are movable....but not on anderson....also harken drum has better grip.....harken is clearly the better racing winch.....anderson being all stainlaess is heavier and clearly better for saltwater exposure...and cruising only......everyone I know who got anderson 28 for their L28 is dissappointed...the guys who got harken are quite happy.....Hope this helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic