Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maxwell winch replacement parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maxwell winch replacement parts
    Posted: 04 August 2022 at 9:40am
Hi all.  Busted winch while trying to clear a jam last night. Maxwell is no longer in business. I'm open to suggestions for repair or perhaps replacement of just the broken piece without replacing the entire winch. They are good winches!
Chris
Eclipse #240
Thunder Bay, ON
tonyt View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 4:19pm
Hi Chris, I have a Maxwell number 22 with worn bushings but the part you are looking for looks perfect. You can have it or just the part you need. Send me your address and I will pop it in the mail. I replaced mine with Harken Single speed self tailers. 4 of the 5 holes in the Harken fit perfectly which was a surprise and the  base is exactly the same diameter so it looks good. 
Apres Ski LAser28 162
Winner View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2022 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by tonyt tonyt wrote:

Hi Chris, I have a Maxwell number 22 with worn bushings but the part you are looking for looks perfect. You can have it or just the part you need. Send me your address and I will pop it in the mail. I replaced mine with Harken Single speed self tailers. 4 of the 5 holes in the Harken fit perfectly which was a surprise and the  base is exactly the same diameter so it looks good. 

Hi Tony I just saw this now. Thanks but I got it sorted already.  :-) 
Chris
Eclipse #240
Thunder Bay, ON
tonyt View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2022 at 8:02am
No problem , I will keep it in case anyone needs parts.
Apres Ski LAser28 162
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic