FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deck organiser recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
John Mills View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Mills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deck organiser recommendations
    Posted: 28 October 2020 at 8:56pm
Most interested to hear how this goes , was planing on replacing mine 

Unplugged
# 164
NOTL
Winner View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 10:12am
My current starboard deck organiser has 5 lines running through it (jib halyard, kite halyard, boom vang, outhaul, reef).  I've recently added a second main halyard and need to run that back to the cockpit as well.

Here's my current set up:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/swVYmvZMfzgxjAhx9

I could replace the entire unit with a 2 stack set of three sheaves.  My main concern surrounds the fact that most of these deck organisers these days don't have a bottom to them, plus there is significant curve to the deck in this area, probably necessitating me fabricating a baseplate from PTFE or something.

The other option would be to install a simple bullseye fairlead to the outside of the current deck organiser and run the boom vang through that.  Since the mechanical advantage of this line is so great I think the increased friction of the bullseye fairlead would be of negligible impact.

Any other thoughts are appreciated.
Chris
Eclipse #240
Thunder Bay, ON
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic