Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bukh Dv8 parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bukh Dv8 parts
    Posted: 01 October 2020 at 4:08am
I expect that this has been discussed before, but I did not find it on my search of the Forum.
I am rebuilding my Laser 28's Bukh Dv8. I need parts. the new dealer in SidneyBC wants $400 for piston rings, over $100 for a thermostat etc. When I replaced the water pump two years ago I ordered it from the original manufacture at less the half. I would doubt that Bukh manufactures parts that are not specific
to the Dv8. Sure, I want to support the Bukh dealers and need to purchase gaskets and some parts through them, but not held hostage! Those of you who have rebuilt this engine surly have some knowledge of where I might best get parts. I would greatly appreciate your help.
Thanks
Bob
WJRyan View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2020 at 6:51am
Can I add on "ditto" for the saildrive too?  I need gaskets and appreciate those who have created solutions but if we could find the pats it would make it easier for those of us who are mechanically challenged. :)
Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2020 at 7:59am
You might try searching on DV10. You'll find in the forum history that these are the same engine as DV8.
I find this place in UK on my search and get a reasonable parts sheet when I click on parts list https://shop.tnorrismarine.co.uk/collections/bukh-service-parts
In the past I have also investigated places in Denmark for parts but their web pages don't always translate to English well.
Hope this helps, js
Foghorn View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2020 at 9:10am
There aren’t a ton of options for Bukh parts, especially OEM parts.

Here’s an option in Denmark, shipping is not cheap;
LSM Diesel

I know that LSM does not have over size pistons and rings available.

Hope it all goes well for you.
Paul White
Decompression
CAN 214
Bobs View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2020 at 4:19am
Thanks for your input. I have contacted dealers in Canada,US,Denmark and UK. the folks in Denmark that Bill suggested are a little less expensive. I had hoped  that someone might been able to identify the actual manufacture of the piston rings, thermostat etc. or after market suppler. 
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic