FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water pump leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WJRyan View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water pump leak
    Posted: 30 August 2018 at 7:21am
It is coming from the weep hole so I think your suggestions are right on - thank you for the links and the lessons learned!!  And as a skier I really like your boat name!!
Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
tonyt View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2018 at 1:39pm
If the pump is leaking out of the weep hole it usually indicates that the bushing is wearing. I don't know if there are rebuild kits for that but there is a replacement pump from Johnson that is fitted with bearings rather than bushings.
I put one in a couple of years ago and it was about 400.00 for a new pump and clamps. Here are the part numbers:

Qty          Item                                           Part Number 
(1)        Water Cooling Pump (ball bearing)               10-35157-3 
(2)        Clamps                                           01-43238

I subsequently found them available from ASAP Marine in the UK for about $125.00 so definitely worth looking on the web for them. It took weeks for my pump to arrive so you would certainly do better ordering from the UK. I think you also need to order a gasket for the pump but I don't have the part number for that

Apres Ski LAser28 162
WJRyan View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 6:32pm
Hi all, 

I noticed a small drip coming from the water pump on the portside of the Bukh.  Is this a process of take it out and replace bushings or gaskets?  Or something more detailed?   Please advise and thanks!   - bill
Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic