Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Training Sails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Training Sails
    Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:24pm
Hello All,
Our sailing club in conjunction with the Hudson River Maritime Museum in Kingston N.Y. have been working on sailing promotion projects. One activity we started last year is Women On the Water (WOW). This is a program run by women, for women, to provide a low stress learning environment. The program was very popular in its initial offering last year and this year we already have 50 women signed up. My boat participated last year and she will again this year. The women really like the laser because it's light and responsive and relatively comfy.
Since the boat is now being used as a part time training vessel, I'd like to find some modestly priced used sails that would be more appropriate for the WOW program. A main sail for sure and a lapper if it would fit my #5 extrusion.
Thanks in advance as always, john. email fatjohnz28 at gmail dot com
Seawolf View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:27pm
That is great that you are doing. I have a sails piled up in my basement. 2 mainsails, blade, and mabe a 150. Feel free to pm me and we can arrange something. Mark.
Seawolf View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:32pm
I found my previous post, these are the sails I have. I have extra sails that need to be used.They are in fair condition and would served as a good back sail. or primary sale if you are looking for something to getby for a couple of years. All sales are Make an Offer and buyer pays for shipping.
Original North Sail Main Sail.
Older Mylar Main Sail.
Original North Sail jib.
Older Mylar Genoa, unknown make.
Would be happy to answer question and send pics.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic