Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer weight?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer weight?
    Posted: 10 February 2018 at 8:51am
I am in the process of buying a new vehicle and wanting to be sure I get one with enough tow capacity. I know that the dry weight of the boat is 4000 pounds. But any guesses on the trailer weight? Planning on towing the boat to the Pacific NW for some extended sailing next summer. Right now I am thinking 1000 pounds for the original double axle trailer.
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 9:04am
The boat weight is not as was advertised. It was 4250 Lbs. The trailer was 1350 Lbs and when we weight it all together with sails, mast and the equipment we carry on board to sail it, it weighed 5850 Lbs incl the trailer which is the number you need to know for towing purposes. 
Seawolf View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 10:32am
All good information, thanks for the reply.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic