Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L28 WarBird FOR SALE - SOLD !!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L28 WarBird FOR SALE - SOLD !!!!!!
    Posted: 05 November 2016 at 8:54pm
After posting my son's boat here recently, I decided to buy it and sell my L28 WarBird instead. WB has been a lifelong fresh water boat and she has never sat o/n with salt water in the system while she is dry sailed as a day sailer only and sits on a custom Cradle Ride trailer that we brought her from Milwaukee on 3 years ago.

new VC17 bottom paint
New sail drive rubber boot
Two new coats of Interprotech on sail drive.
Red/cushions, tan soft lockers. Still like new.
All the usual L28 equipment except head and holding tank replaced with non smelling pressurized portable toilet by Dometic.

$19,000cdn // $17,500cdn without trailer

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/boa/5864545691.html

Edited by George S. - 18 November 2016 at 9:04pm
Winner View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 11:19am
Sorry to hear you're selling Warbird George.  She's in great shape!
Chris
Eclipse #240
Thunder Bay, ON
George S. View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 4:58pm
hi Chris,

Hopefully I've got a few more years in the L28 world yet...
My son bought hull #123 - Sloop de Jour from Dick Rose in Seattle after I purchased WarBird in 2013. He decided to sell, so I am purchasing it and selling WarBird. I plan to find her a good home with someone who will race her the way she was prepared to do, but I never really found the time to do.

This will be my third L28 and will sit next to my first, Voila, on the dry sail wharf at our club. I often look at Voila and wonder why the H_ _ _ I didn't keep her in the first place !!! But then again I wouldn't have experienced some different boats.... or met Frank, who bought Voila and has become one of the boat's most knowledgeable supporters.

cheers,
George
George S. View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 9:02pm
hi all,

I am pleased to report WarBird has been sold.

I had two offers in only 2weeks of advertising, so who says November is a bad time to sell ? Nice to know that these boats are still highly regarded in the sailing community and were built to a high enough standard that they survive quite well to this day.

The couple that purchased WB will no doubt join this forum, and they are the exact people that Ian Bruce intended these boats for. Knowledgeable smaller boat sailors wanting to cruise in a bit of comfort without hauling the furniture around.

Sloop du Jour hull #123 will begin her journey next week to the coast to replace WarBird, so we will have almost enough L28's here for our own OD start if we all turn out together....

George
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic