Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Facebook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIGGITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Facebook
    Posted: 30 March 2016 at 10:19pm
Has there been any talk about making a Laser 28 Facebook page? Might be a much easier way to share pictures and ideas as well as connect with different owners. Just a thought!
John Mills View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Mills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 11:09pm
There is a laser 28 face book page for the Lake Ontario Lasers already just search "Lake Ontario Laser 28" we have a small fleet of them going at our end and have 3 regattas  at 
our end we all agreed to show up at so we should get our own starts .

Not as good as the current laser site which is a treasure trove of information , but easy to share
Pictures and such
Unplugged
# 164
NOTL
GIGGITY View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIGGITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 11:26pm
Oh nice. Yeah this site has so much great information that has helped me with the boat. I was just thinking it might be easier to contact fellow owners and might help to find boats that are scattered about or past owners wanting to keep in contact. I'll check out our page.

Chris
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Mills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2016 at 8:24am
This site is an invaluable resource as our boats age .  One thing I was thinking is perhaps it should be mirrored somewhere just in case of disaster ? 

Where are you located ? 

Edited by John Mills - 31 March 2016 at 8:27am
Unplugged
# 164
NOTL
GIGGITY View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIGGITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2016 at 9:22am
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to divert from this site. Just thought having a Facebook group would compliment this site. If I ever had the time and effort, I'd print out every category and make a book out of all the information on here! I'm located on Chesapeake Bay neat Baltimore.
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Mills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2016 at 5:30pm
No I got it, that is the exact same reason we put up the face book page . As you can see it is more informal and easy to post Pictures , sailing interest stuff or encouragement to get out to a regatta .   
Unplugged
# 164
NOTL
GIGGITY View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIGGITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2016 at 6:09pm
Yeah I'm hoping one day to travel north and sail with you all. I do have a trailer for the boat but with a newborn on the way it'll probably be a few years.
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Mills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2016 at 6:37pm
Would love to have you , you can join without leaving the US as one of the races is in Youngstown New York at what used to be called Levels  . Still a bit of a haul for you .  Been to Chesapeake Bay , beautiful there . 
Unplugged
# 164
NOTL
Ron Waterson View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Waterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2016 at 11:19pm
Hey John,

Can you provide the link to the Lake Ontario Facebook page?  Searching your suggestion finds the Eastern Lake Ontario Facebook page, but nothing for the page or activity you suggest.  

Thanks
Hull 147 - Angel's Share
Mike V View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2016 at 6:03am
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1060256527327052/

Sparkplug

Hull #182

NYC
Mike V View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2016 at 6:10am
We initially set up this page to communicate with the Local boats. We did not intend to take away from the class site and all the good work Bill and the other members do. That being said we encourage owners and crew to post on the site.

The Local boats have three regatta's planned this summer. RCYC open,Can Am and Peaches and PHRF. We would like to get all the Lake Ontario boats together but it is a long sail from one end of the Lake to the other and holiday time is tough to come by.
Sparkplug

Hull #182

NYC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic