Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mast Sheaves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mast Sheaves
    Posted: 16 March 2015 at 4:37pm
Can anybody recommend replacement mast sheaves? I'm talking about the sheaves at the base of the mast and their counterparts up high.

thanks,

ken

Edited by Bill Layton - 13 April 2015 at 4:01pm
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2015 at 4:51pm
EBSPARS.com is the original supplier and still in business. That's where I got mine from.
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2015 at 9:17am
seems this post got buried
khardy View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2015 at 11:14am
I thought I had posted this question before but I couln't find it.

thanks.
khardy View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2015 at 9:44pm
ebspars tells me they got them from laser and they don't have any more. I purchased some ronstans and I'll let you know if they fit.

ken
frfletch View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2015 at 10:23am
I made new ones for Vivace using UHMPE as the base material and turning the bushings from bearing suitable bronze. They have now been working for 3 or 4 years perfectly.
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2021 at 10:36am
Hello, Do you need to drop the mast base to service the lower sheaves? I tried to remove the bolt(s) with the mast raised and the bolts bound up. I'm thinking there is a nut inside the base. Is that correct?
thanks, john
Foghorn View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Foghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2021 at 11:59am
No nuts in the mast base casting, the sheave flange is tapped.

Paul White
Decompression
CAN 214
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic