Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cockpit table

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cockpit table
    Posted: 22 January 2015 at 6:26pm
Sine acquiring my boat I've been wanting to have some sort of removable table that can be brought up to the cockpit for apres-race socializing with drinks and snacks.  Ideally something that perhaps can be wedged horizontally in between the seats on either side of the cockpit, but I'm not married to that idea.

Woodworking is not something I have much skill in, so building one from scratch (well, at least one that looks nice) is probably not in the cards for me.

Just wondering what other owners have done?
Chris
Eclipse #240
Thunder Bay, ON
Ron Waterson View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Waterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2015 at 11:46pm
Not mine...I stumbled across during a previous search.

http://imagenes.cosasdebarcos.com/barcosOcasion/6/1/4/1/laser-28-id61605-59476030111867575450545754654570x.jpg
Hull 147 - Angel's Share
Mad Max View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 5:29pm
I made a small table from a piece of Teak & Holley left over when I did the floor boards.  It sits on the traveler and is locked in place with a sliding latch underneath.  A single leg supports the opposite end.  Its big enough to hold 2 plates but small enough to allow room for legs.  It stores on the shelf under the sink.  Unfortunately its on the boat so I can't give dimensions.  I'll see if I can get in the yard tomorrow and provide some pictures.
Dick #122
Mad Max View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 2:04pm
Finally able to get to boat.  The table is 10 X 20 inches.  Could have been wider but that was the piece left over from the flooring so I used it.  Just big enough for a couple of plates of beer cans so people can free up a hand.  The leg is 12 inches or the height of the traveler and supports the far end of the table.  The other end locks onto the traveler via a sliding latch.  Simple to make.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8cw5jj
Dick #122
frfletch View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 6:11pm
Take the seat or cushion back from the nav table, turn it upside down across the cockpit, and cover with table cloth. Done! You won't sit with the Queen at this table but it will take the food, glass of wine, cheese board, etc, and nothing to do but use it and then put it back.
Winner View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 11:09pm
Thanks Dick very helpful pics.  Looks like a great little table and works well I imagine, so long as you don't need to tack the mainsail!
Chris
Eclipse #240
Thunder Bay, ON
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic