Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine trouble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2020 at 3:04pm
ok. Not getting fuel out of the high pressure pump.
New head gasket and the engine is back together. I have bled the fuel system to the high pressure pump and I can get it's outlet to drip a little if I loosen the outlet fitting while I'm pumping the lift pump.
Problem is that it is not pumping when I roll the engine over. I removed the shutoff solenoid an put on a spring to pull it fully open so that should not be stopping the fuel.
I'm stumped why the high pressure is not pushing fuel.
thx, john
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2020 at 4:06pm
The handle on the lift pump doesn't work well enough to bleed the system. The engine must be cranked with the starter in order to bleed the system. Not sure if that is what you meant when you said " roll the engine over" I usually tie down the decompression lever so when the starter cranks it won't start and it cranks faster (no compression)... be sure when you do this to have the throttle on full "WOT"... this opens the rack fully on the injection pump so the air bleeds out much faster.

Edited by Bill Layton - 26 April 2020 at 4:10pm
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2020 at 5:55pm
Thanks Bill, That got it pumping.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic