Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plexiglass window restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2020 at 11:17pm
Hi, It looks like I will have to install new windows this year.  Does anyone have the dimensions so I can order?

Thanks
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 6:47am
I made a template and sent it to eplastics for them to cut. They sent back the window and remaining sheet so next time I might cut a window myself with a jigsaw and metal blade.
Note with Bill's new mounting method he recommends making a slightly larger window. Mine window was already cut to original size so I used a narrower piece of tape. Looks solid so far.
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 8:36am
Because the deck is curved the windows have shape cut in to them. You will need to remove the old windows and use those as templates. This is what everyone does. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic