Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

whale bilge pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whale bilge pump
    Posted: 08 May 2014 at 10:23pm
As we were sinking last week, my trusty manual bilge pump started working, then failed.
It looks like the membrane around the handle shaft became disconnected. It doesn't look like it was glued or torn.... I don't know how it was held in place. Anyone know about repairing this?
thx, john
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 7:58am
We are fine by the way. We started taking on water while battling gusty winds on our first sail of the season. We made appropriate provisions for a standby boat on the water and a standby lift ashore. Once I got some of the water out, I found the knotmeter cap was leaking and installed a plug.
I would like to get the whale fixed; it works well when its working. js
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 11:07am
And I'm on the road to solution. I spoke to technical support at whale and Steve gave me his email and told me to send some pics. He will help me fix or replace. john
Winner View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 8:08pm
Thru hulls never seem to leak at a good time, do they?
Chris
Eclipse #240
Thunder Bay, ON
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic