Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Schedule
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions on Toronto

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions on Toronto
    Posted: 26 February 2004 at 7:45pm
I am considering bringing my boat the 675 miles to Toronto for the NOOD regatta June 25-27, 2004. Since I have never set foot in Canada, I have no knowledge of Toronto or the Royal Canadian Yacht Club.

If anyone can give me a basic understanding of the area, I would greatly appreciate it. I am interested in where I could get my boat in and out of the water and the cost, places to stay (hotels, camping, etc.), and any other general advice that would make my travels easier.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Scott
Foghorn View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2004 at 8:03pm

Scott,

There is plenty to do in Torornto for sure. Here's a couple of links you can follow to you a flavour of the yacht club and the city;

Royal Canadian Yacht Club
http://www.rcyc.ca

City of Toronto
http://www.toronto.ca

Enjoy!

Paul White
Decompression
CAN 214
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2004 at 11:53am

Scott,

You will find the trip well worth making.

1) There are many launch locations around Toronto harbour. The Royal Canadian Yacht Club and National Yacht Club are making arrangements for crane rentals to accommodate the large number of out-of-town boats coming. I expect it will be free (included in your fee) or worst case you could pay standard launch rates of about $5/foot at a commercial facility.

2) I would highly recommend that you dock your boat at the RCYC on the Toronto islands. Our club is a beautiful 150 year old facility just a short ferry ride away from downtown Toronto. For big regattas like this racers either sleep on their boat, take a hotel room downtown or pitch a tent on one of our connected islands. Very nice parkland with available showers, pool, laundry etc.  The island clubhouse can be seen in the lower right of this photo:

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2004 at 4:15pm
Thanks for the info. It will help greatly!
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic