Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

water tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: water tank
    Posted: 17 March 2012 at 11:11am
The original brochure advertised portable water tanks, they are long gone from my boat but I like the idea of carying on a 5 gallon collaspable tank and hooking up to the water line. Any body have a system that's working for them? I am thinking I would need to find an adaptor to clamp onto my hose then you can remove the lid from the container and replace with the adaptor. 
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 11:27am
http://tinyurl.com/892dg5t

This is what was supplied with the boat, they can be purchased at most camping/outdoors stores etc.... all we did was attach the hose for the water hand pump to the nipple and then add a hose clamp. Then turn the bag upside down.  The system worked well. The only shortcoming is that these collapsable bags don't last forever and sometimes spring leaks. They are fragile and don't take any abuse and collapsing them will surely reduce longevity
Seawolf View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 11:38am
Wow, to simple. I have one of these in my camping gear. I will pull it out and give it a try.

Thanks
frfletch View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 12:46pm
Mine are the same, but do are not upside down because my pick-up tube leads to the bottom of the bladders. I cut a piece of 1" thick Dow blue construction foam board to the size of the floor compartment which is under the settee seat on the starboard side (where my transducers are located). The foam board provides a flat and smooth surface for those flimsy bladders to sit and roll around on to reduce the chance of damage to them. I carry two of those 5 gallon bladders in that compartment when in cruising mode.
bal149 View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bal149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Seawolf Seawolf wrote:

The original brochure advertised portable water tanks, they are long gone from my boat but I like the idea of carying on a 5 gallon collaspable tank and hooking up to the water line. Any body have a system that's working for them? I am thinking I would need to find an adaptor to clamp onto my hose then you can remove the lid from the container and replace with the adaptor. 
I installed a Ventus 50 l tank under the port setee-it is collapsable and I fill it from inside the boat.
frfletch View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 2:48pm
I note that the Vetus 42 gallon tank is 31" x 50", which may sort of fit into the port settee locker, but the 58 gallon is 29" by 80". I don't see that they actually have one that is 50 gallon unless that is an imperial figure of the 58. That compartment is tapered in both width and depth. Which tank did you actually use, and doesn't it tend to lift the cushion off when filled?
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 2:58pm
The optional factory nauta bag was oblong and 125 litres. I have one in my boat. Installed into the port settee. I installed a deck fill as I tired of bringing a hose into the interior.

Edited by Bill Layton - 15 May 2012 at 3:01pm
bal149 View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bal149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 11:17pm
50 l-as in litre.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic