Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Cooling Water Pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:13am
I will be happy to, however while I have built the interiors to other boats, I have not yet gotten into my own Laser. I am trying to good quality light-weight composite paneling to work with and as soon as I do, I will start working on my own boat and post progress, procedure, methods, photos etc. I expect to be back in China and Hong Kong next month and will focus on sourcing materials. These materials are available in North America from such suppliers as Jamestown Marine, etc., but they area really expensive. This stuff is mass produced and is not actually expensive at all from the manufacturer. I just have not been able to find a retailer or wholesaler outside of the marine industry from which to buy it. As soon as it comes from a "Yacht Shop" the price goes up 10 times.
Winner View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:55pm
Hi everyone.  Back to the water pump (original topic in the thread) I have a parts/price list from Keith that he sent me in the Fall of 2011 and he's offering a water pump exchange where he sends you a rebuilt water pump and you send yours into him within 14 days.  Cost is $228 which is cheaper than the method described above and also avoids the reduced space clearance issue.
Chris
Eclipse #240
Thunder Bay, ON
Seawolf View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Bill Layton Bill Layton wrote:

Charles remember the wire attaches to the smaller terminal of the water temp switch. The housing is symetrical so it makes no difference which way it is installed. Assuming of course that the plumbing (Y-pipe stb side)was installed correctly.

Curious, I have this wire in the larger post for the past four years. This year, my alarm went off, a high pitch, soft alarm. I always assumed my alarms never functioned before. I checked the engine temp with a hand held infrared thermometer, the engine was at 55 degrees celcius. I disconnectes the wire and alarm went off. If I put it in the smaller post and alarm stays off. I also checked oil and there is no water leaking thru the membrane. Just to be sure I checked the entire cooling system from water strainer to thermostat nothing to indicate water not flowing thru.Any thoughts? Faualty sensor? Or do I just have my wires crossed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic