Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cockpit shade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meholden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cockpit shade
    Posted: 20 August 2010 at 7:47pm
Hi Everyone,

We just finished a week-long cruise in our laser 28 up the california delta. It's hot there, so shade is important. I found a good ez-up type of canopy that fits great on a laser 28 so I thought I'd share it on the forum. I put tennis balls on the feet so it wouldn't scratch the deck (like grampa's walker), and tied the weather side to the lifelines, and it worked very nicely. You can slide it forward and aft between the stern pulpit and the shrouds to maximize the shade for where you're sitting. Our mainsheet has a snap shackle on the traveller, so I tie the boom off to a shroud and get it out of the way when we're moored.

Anyway, for $69 bucks it was worth it, it's better than a boom tent. It's made of tent-type fabric, not the heavy canvas of most canopies, so I wouldn't leave it up all summer or anything. It has a 6x6 foot roof with maybe 7x7 ft footprint.

Here's the link:
product info

one place to buy

-Mike from Firebolt
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2010 at 10:42pm
the only thing i would offer is the cool setup that the previous owner of my boat put together. (5) , 8' rods sewn into a 20' x 8' canvas. The rods ride horizontal on top of the boom and provide a sunshade from mast to boom tip on top of the boom. Its a great rollout sunshade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic