FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deck hardware upgrade pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WarBird View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 10:53am
Bill,
Which traveller part # did you use. Does it have enough clearance fore and aft is the recess? What is your thought on using track with no drop, i.e. straight?

WarBird
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 9:55am
These are thumbnail pics , clicking on them will enlarge them so you can read the labels on the starboard side

On the port side starting on the inside and working outboard I have:

Outhaul
Cunningham
Main Hal
Genoa Hal

Andiamo, I assume you can see the pics now?
WJRyan View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:28am
Great pics Bill and thanks! Could you describe your line layout from port to starboard? It would help to understand your clutch layout if you could help me "see" the way you have your lines set up. Thank you!
Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 1:10pm
Here are some pics I took of typical deck hardware upgrades we've done here in Montreal.

Spinnaker Twings setup - notice old clam cleats have been removed

Harken Primary winches - these B32.2 STA winches fit our aluminum support the best and work very well.

Harken traveler - Notice how we've added a low profile track onto the original Schaefer high beam track.... its the least costly traveler upgrade

Spinlock XTS clutches - these clutches actually work on all high modulus line and have zero slippage. Some may deem this overkill, but the new XAS clutches slipped no matter what we did with them.

Solar Powered Ventilator - on the foredeck, this is removable and a deck cap fits in place when racing. This solved the mildew problem we were experiencing in humid Montreal.

Fwd Hatch Webbing - This allows foredeck crew the ability to open the hatch while on deck.... just a piece of webbing hooked onto the latch handles

Lifeline webbing (pic of convictus) with vertical straps, this prevents the straps from opening up and allowing someone to slide out. We have seen this with windward knockdowns going downhill.

Edited by Bill Layton - 14 October 2009 at 10:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic