Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graphic size question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphic size question
    Posted: 22 March 2009 at 7:22pm
Greetings all.  I am planning on adding the new name to the boat and would like to have it on both sides near the stern.  As I looked at some of the pictures I wondered if anyone could recommend length/wifth of their names?  Thanks!  :)bill
Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 12:31pm
I suggest the more you plan to win, the larger the boat name should be!!!
WarBird View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 1:19pm

Bill,

Cut out a profile of the boat from card board, paper, mylar, old sheet flooring, anything!!!  Above the waterline, rub rail to waterline is the important part.  Remeber above the water line is what you see most so dont worry about keel, rudder or hull below the w/l on your profile.  Overlay your name in various scripts, sizes and places, when you like it, scale it up and order it. 

Eclipsesuggests size equates to winning because he thought WarBird wouldn't look at this thread!!

WarBird (the laser 28 just a little bit ahead of Eclipse)

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 4:47pm
Heck, I didn't know warbird could read!!!!
fatjohnz View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatjohnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 11:11pm
i went to a signmaker down the street. i asked for something around 9 inches plus high and picked out some kind of 'california' italic font and he 'printed' it on his vinyl stencil roll. the stencil printer/cutter ripped the name out on a long sheet. peeled off the sticky side and stuck it on.
fj
the freak flag is flying
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic