Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Care & Cleaning of Cloth lockers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Care & Cleaning of Cloth lockers?
    Posted: 06 November 2008 at 7:55am

What is the best way to clean the interior cloth lockers?  I have some mildew stains and withthe velcro I am not sure the washing machine is a good option so what is the process to clean these?  and does anyone have pictures of what the lockers for the portside aft and the starboard above the chart tabel look like?  Pics welcome!   Thanks, :)bill

Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
Cayuga View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cayuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:13pm
The previous owner of my boat had them dry cleaned and they came out looking pretty good. Can't say it got rid of all the mildew stains, but it's an option.
WarBird View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 8:37am

Idid all of mine in a mild  detergent and amonia solution in the washmachine at home.  While I had them out, Rapscallion had them patterned and he has brand new ones thruogh-out his boat. PM or e-mail him, if he is not sailing he mau be able to dig out the dimensions or patterns.  The boat for sale, Eclipse in another post may have pics, I know I have seen some on the web.

WarBird

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic