Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Sailing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Rig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rig
    Posted: 28 May 2008 at 11:12am
Any one out there have a newer rig? I have been sailing with mine for about three years. Seems great, but it is stiffer than the old rig so I still haven't found a sweet spot for rig tuning. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Eclipse
WarBird View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 11:53pm
Considering the alloy properties of the newer spars compared to that of the mid 80's to early 90's spars and considering the lack of silicon, nickel and barium in of the current alloys you should be able to calculate the fast set-up for your new rig.  It is sometimes easier  to make the calculation if you  have the volume of your old rig (measure jim's boat).  According to my quick calculations, given the thermal properties of the alloy it will be best if on a distance race, the CHI-Mac say,  the rig is filled with 0.3425 barrels of cold beer
Chris Ross View Drop Down
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:54am

Warbird,

You are wise beyond your years!
Chris Ross
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic