Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > Schedule
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sheboygan Fleet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sheboygan Fleet
    Posted: 25 May 2006 at 11:56am
I thought I would just give an update on the new Sheboygan Fleet. We are up and running. All five boats were on the line for our second Wednesday night race of the year.

It is our hope to have a strong showing over our entire season. I don’t expect others to travel out of their way, but all are welcome. Even if you are just in the area, let me know and we will do our best to find a ride for you.

Please visit our club’s website to learn more about our local club races.

Will post some picts soon too.

Scott
Eclipse
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 1:12pm

A couple of our Sheboygan fleet getting put in for the season, mid May.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 6:12pm
Just a few more pictures of our local boats. So far we have had a very competitive summer. Every race is contested, but Yikes has been on a hot streak.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2006 at 6:00am
how do you add photo's on this forum.   do they have to be online on some website?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 12:35pm
Yes, I have some space on of my own. Then you click the photo button above. Use the file path where the photos are saved and they should appear.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 1:06pm
It seems this year that Yikes has found her groove. She has taken two bullets in two distance races. In buoy racing, Warbird has yet to lose a series. But racing continues to be close and competitive.

This last weekend all five of our laser 28s participated in the Brotz Leukemia Cup held at the Sheboygan Yacht Club. It was a great event. After a wind dely (lack there of), we were able to get two races in on Sat. The first race, Eclipse played the shifts well and took a decisive win. The second race was close the entire way. But in the end, Warbird beat out Nookie for line honors.

Unfortunately, we had bad weather on Sunday, so our 5 races ended up being two. Over all, Warbird took 1st, Eclipse 2nd, and Nookie 3rd.

Next, we are taking our fleet down to the Milwaukee Yacht Club, host of the Grand Prix and local Laser 28, Veloce. It should make for some more good OD racing.

Hope everyone is enjoying a fun and safe season.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 10:34am
Since my last post, we have had some great racing.

In mid-August we took boats to race down in Milwaukee. Veloce, the Milwaukee based Laser 28, had a gear no one else had and took 1st in 4 of 5 races. Eclipse was the only other boat to take a 1st and had a solid Sunday to take second. Warbird took third in the event.

Shortly after we left the harbor to head home, Warbird struck bottom hard. Her keel and ribbing was damaged and had to be taken out immediately; however, she is fixed and will be back in action next year.

In our first year as a fleet, we had great racing. For our new Boat of the Year award, Yikes beat out Warbird by one point, and only two points separated 1st from 3rd for overall bragging rights.

We will have one final fun race next weekend to wrap up or season and celebrate the fleet's success.

Hope your season was as much fun as ours.

Scott,
Eclipse
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 12:24pm
Couple pictures from our Last Chance Race
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic